24th - 25th September
The great exhibition of 2016: “STRAORDINARIA MOTOR VALLEY”
Covering a surface of 1,200 m2, the exhibition “STRAORDINARIA MOTOR VALLEY” will be on display, highlighting the history and the vehicle production that has made this land famous throughout the world, hosting the very best of products and realities from along the Via Emilia: manufacturing plants, public and private motoring museums, racetracks and motoring events.
Exibition: The English “Grease Monkey" Colin Chapman vs Enzo Ferrari
The exhibition, curated by Matteo Panini (Circolo della Biella), with contribution from Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio of Modena, aims to trace the evolution of these companies, Ferrari and Lotus, by following an imaginary technical timeline representing the history of the two “automotive legends”, and creating a parallel between the Italian school and the English Grease monkeys, competitors on the racetracks (autodromes). The characters and their cars themselves will be the ones telling us about the on-going challenge in Modern F1 of hybrid engines, such as positioning the engine at the rear of the car, behind the pilot.
The exhibition is not to be considered a confrontation but a curios journey full of surprises thanks to the abilities that these two men fielded to get first past the chequered flag.
The exhibition will be divided in three areas:
- Enzo Ferrari’s area
- Colin Chapman ‘s area
- Exhibition of each car company
Microcars in the Gallery “Isetta the flying egg”
Curated by the Museo Ames: the fantastic Bubblecars and a unique show “Isetta, the flying egg”, will welcome visitors in the Central Gallery.
Tributes to Ducati, Maserati e Lamborghini
Modena Motor gallery pays several tributes, dedicated to important anniversary such as the 50 years of Ferruccio Lamborgini’s Miura, first unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 1966, leaving visitors speechless and marking the start of a new era in the sports car sector.
2016 is a year marking various anniversaries and Modena Motor Gallery will commemorate:
In collaboration with BPER bank Motor Gallery dedicates an important space to Ducati, with an exhibition curated by Moto Club 2000 and Claudio Lusuardi.
Modena Motor Gallery will hold the first Automobilia Charity Auction in collaboration with ACI Storico, the proceeds of which will go to the Istituto Dino Ferrari in Maranello to support the research and planning activities of zero emission vehicles and to the city of Amatrice recently hit by earthquake.
(Sunday 25 at 15.00 – ACI Storico space, Pavillion C)
Feature Film "La Fabbrica Blu" (the Blue Factory)
World premiere of the feature Film “La Fabbrica Blu” (The extraordinary adventure of Bugatti Automobile), with exhibition of the wonderful Blu Bugatti EB110.
Sunday 25th at 11- SALA 400, first floor above the Gallery
As always, the craftsmen will occupy a major space and will constitute the ‘icing on the cake’ of an entire pavilion of car dealers. For the first time at Modena Motor Gallery, several young craftsmen will give a live demonstration of how sheet metal may be beaten and modelled as well as how it is then welded.
The Craftsmen’s Path
Modena Motor Gallery wants to give its own contribution and pay a tribute to the work of the craftsman. Around the perimeter of Pavilion A, the “Craftsmen’s Path” will be set up: more than 30 of the finest companies in the country, including body shops, upholsterers, mechanics, electricians and restorers.
Who lies behind all the splendour of a classic car that looks like it just left the factory 50 years ago? The answer is simple: the craftsmen.
Competent and highly skilled individuals who, with great passion and a huge baggage of knowledge, rebuild a single mudguard, tirelessly hunting down original pieces through dozens of markets, preparing the best possible paint, reconnecting hundreds of rusty, time-worn cables in order to restore an electrical system back to its former glory, and seeking out the finest fabrics to bring back the shine to the old upholstery, or even going about beating pieces of sheet metal by hand, as was done so many years ago.
- Automobilia Auction (Sunday 25 at 15.00)
- Feature Film “La Fabbrica Blu” (Sunday 25th at 11.00)
- Craftsmen’s performance (Saturday 24th & 25th from 10.00 till 11.00)
- “Vita di Stile” presents: “4 passi nella storia” (“A walk into history”) guided tour to discover cars that made history /Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th at 10.00, 1.00 and 16.00, 17.00)
- Presentation of the book: “Ducati 90 anni di eccellenza italiana” (“Ducati 90years of Italian’s excellence”) (Stauyrday 24th at 11.00
- Presentation of the book: “Vite in corsa” (Lives on the run) (Saturday 24th at 11.00)
- Presentation of the book: “Ferrari Rex” (Saturday 24th at 15.45)
- Presentation & Discussion “ The technical training of ITS Finance by region Emilia Romagna” (Saturday 24 at 11.45)
- Conference: research and development on zero emission (Sunday 25th at 10.00)
Ferrari Museums, Modena and Maranello at Modena Motor Gallery 2016
With a dedicated space celebrating with what solid roots our presents is linked to our past the Ferrari Museums of Modena and Maranello will offer another emotion to the visitors.
The Museums will be also offering a special discount to visit them in Modena and Maranello.
Do you have a car/motorcycle of your own to sell?
Do you have a classic car or motorcycle that you would like to put up for sale?
Bring it to Modena Motor Gallery!
Prize for the best value for money.
tel. +39 059 4924794 / fax +39 059 4924793
Special Club Package
Special package for Clubs and Associations: just €40!
The historical Circolo della Biella and Vision Up Srl have come up with a real all inclusive package:
• Entrance to Modena Motor Gallery
• Classic car/motorcycle in a guarded parking place inside the fair area
• Tasting of typical products of Modena
• Event gift
• Entrance to the Enzo Ferrari Museum
• Visit of the Umberto Panini Collection with a Parmesan tasting
For bookings, hotels and information:
Ref. Luca Sandri
Tel: +39 059 220022
- Car Traders
- "La Strada degli Artigiani" (The Craftsmen’s Path – car restorers, upholsterers, historical workshops, body shops...)
- Automobilia and modelling
- Car and motorcycle spare parts
- Accessories and gadgets
- Books and Prints from the Sector
- Car Traders
- Brand Clubs and Registers
- Official car manufacturers
- The great exhibition of 2016: "Straordinaria Motor Valley"
Surprises in the Gallery